Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Homemade Wrapping Paper

Throughout the holidays, I am going to try and post about many of the holiday traditions in our home that I try to include my children in. The first one for us is always our homemade wrapping paper.
If you go to your local newspaper or printing press, you can get an end roll (the end of a roll of printing paper) for next to nothing or even free. It looks like a roll of butcher block paper. Since I work part time for a newspaper, I can take mine home for free! (It also doubles as art paper in our house).
So, I spread out several pieces across our kitchen floor and tape down the edges, and I let my daughter's imagination run free! I give her colors, paint, stampers, glue and old Christmas cards. She decorates the paper with Christmas drawings and I use these to wrap presents for family members.
This also saves money on gift tags because you can write directly on the paper. Grandparents and aunts and uncles love to get presents wrapped in this handmade paper.
The only problem is that is takes forever to unwrap presents because nobody wants to tear the paper!

No comments: