Friday, November 14, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven- Part 2




I have used this challenge as a reason to do some of my busy work that I always say I will do another day. You know what I mean! All of those things you know need to get done but somehow get pushed to the wayside while you make sure the dishes are washed and the clothes are clean. So, here is just a few of the busy projects I got out of the way this week! I really wish I had taken before pictures, but I will try to get some of the after pictures done and posted later this week.

- Soaking the children's bath toys in water and bleach to get the junk off of the toys! I did it in the bathtub so I could use the time to clean the bathtub too!
- Cleaning off my nightstand and washing my tablecloth. Unfortunately, my cat loves to lay on it, so it always has a mess of cat hair around the edges. While it was washing, I used the time to sort through all of the paper and books that have slowly piled up until there was nowhere else to even put my clock or telephone. Now it is nice and neat!
- Completely empty the battery drawer and sort them all out. I put in a silverware organizer and pulled all of the batteries out of their packages. I sorted them into the silverware slots and now I can tell how many we have of each one instead of getting down to the last batteries in the remote and having them die!
- Cleaning off the top of the refrigerator and dusting it. I have always used the top to store my crystal pitchers and vases, and they rattle when the washing machine is running. It also looks so cluttered, and drives my husband crazy. So, I found a way to put all of these items into cabinets and now it looks so neat!
- Not a big one, but found the perfect sized basket to put all of the baby's toys that seem to make their way into the living room. It is so easy to just throw them all into a pretty basket instead of trying to stack them in a corner.

This is not everything, but these are definitely the highlights. I have also signed up for the Oprah "Clean Up Your Messy House Tour" here. Peter Walsh assures us that in six months our homes will be completely organized if we will just do our homework. I will give it a shot, and in six months, we will see! I already feel better when I look at my refrigerator and my nightstand!
Also, there is a bonus! When you sign up, you get a 20 percent off coupon for The Container Store. Hurry though! The promotion ends at 11:59 p.m. CST Nov. 19.

No comments: