Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Beginning

Well, this is my first post on this blog. I recently came across Money Saving Mom while I was researching an article on how to lower your grocery bills. I was really amazed at how many freebies there were out there!
I had also never heard of the Drugstore Game.
I have had a CVS Extracare Card for 10 years, but I didn't realize how much was available and how much money you could make! I am shocked at how much money I have saved in the last month.
Between my mom and myself, my entire pantry is full, my daughter is stocked on diapers for the rest of the summer and I have more toiletries than I can say grace over!

We send care packages to soldiers overseas, and this has been an awesome way to stock up those packages. I have been able to send toothbrushes, deodorant, mouthwash and so much more I couldn't get for them before. I've been able to donate food to our Christian Food Bank, and I also have enough stored away to donate to Operation Shoebox at Christmas and even for our families to use for many years to come!
I am so excited about the new ways to provide for my family, lower my grocery bills and even help provide for other people. I have always wanted to take care of other people when I can, but I haven't always been able to spend as much money as I wanted to help. I am so excited about the possibilities!!!


Above is a picture of my first "post-frugal" shopping trip to CVS, Kroger and Walmart. I only spent $11 OOP. One pack of diapers usually costs more than that!!! I was able to buy things for our family, food bank and soldiers overseas. :)

No comments: