Friday, September 12, 2008

Walgreens with my $10/$40 coupon




I used my $10/$40 today and was able to get several good deals. I could have gotten a few more sweet ones if I hadn't needed to get Denorex anyway, but it still came out pretty well. And of course now I realize that I bought one too many Chemistry hair products for a rebate, but I am going to try and take it back tomorrow and exchange it for something else in the rebate book.
Also, my Walgreens is
SUPER strict about coupons, and they won't allow us to use more than one of the same coupon per purchase unless the coupon specifically says one coupon per item purchased. If is says one per purchase, even though the corporate policy says that means one per item purchased, my Walgreens still does not allow it. Because of this, I miss out on a lot of great deals that produce Register Rewards, but I am trying to work around it.



Two boxes of 100 Calorie Oreos at $2.50 each
One box of 100 Calorie Ritz Chips at $1.79
Two South Beach Diet Bars at $2.50 each
One Robitussin at $3.99
One Dimetapp at $3.99
Two Chemistry Hair Products at $7.99 each
One Pert Plus at $4.99
One Capri Sun at $3.79
One Denorex at $7.99

Coupons Used
Two $2 off South Beach Bars (Labeled one per item purchased)
One $1 off Robitussin
One $2 off Dimetapp
One $2 off Pert Plus
$10/$40

Total OOP - $33.52
RR Received -$5 for cough syrups
Rebates Received - 17.46 for Chemistry, Pert Plus, Nabisco products (I am taking into account that I will be exchanging the extra Chemistry for some other rebate product)

Total OOP after RR and Rebates - $11.06

2 comments:

Wilderness Mama said...

There must be someone you can complain to about the coupon rules at your Walgreens. If they allow it at one, they should allow it at all of them if they offer the same sales, rebates and RR! They still get their money!

Anonymous said...

That's not good about the coupon rule at your Walgreens. It amazes me that there is no uniformity.

Good luck with the battle. I am thankful that my stores are actually really easy to work with *knocks on wood*

Keep up the great work on saving!