Sunday, August 17, 2008

All in God's Plan

I am a big believer in God placing us in situations when we need to be there, even if we don't understand it at the time. When I started couponing and CVSing a few months ago, it was just so I could help local organizations and also save some money at the same time.
Our family has always been very blessed and able to have what we need and most of what we want. My husband is a great provider and has always gone out of his way to take care of us. I have worked one day a week for the last five years just to be able to get out of the house and also have some play money for eating out and all of those extra treats.

However, since my Dad will soon start receiving treatments now that his tumor has been removed, I have decided to take a leave of absence from work. I want to be available to my parents and my grandparents whenever they need me. My parents have always kept my girls while I work one day, but I don't want them to have to worry about that.
So, I have a huge stockpile in my freezers and pantry that will allow me to buy only what we have to get each month. I can supplement my stockpile with fresh things and won't have to spend near as much money.
God knew what He was doing when he put it on my heart to start doing this!
Please continue to pray for my Dad and our family as we journey through this new and scary world. Your prayers have been felt and are definitely appreciated!

No comments: